USC Management Essentials is a six month online program for staff managers. It includes four sections: Self-Management, Managing Teams, Employment and Workplace and Communication. Following the completion of each section, managers will have an opportunity to access the USC Management Essentials Community in Trojan Learn for interactive discussions, cross-departmental collaboration and useful management tools.
By the end of the program, managers will have an opportunity to:
• Enhance self-awareness to achieve team and organizational goals
• Learn skills to better manage people and to achieve team performance objectives
• Effectively address employment and workplace practices in a diverse work environment
• Build a customer-centric mindset through effective communication
Listed below are the topics covered in each module.
Requirements for Completion:
• Review the Participant Guide prior to starting the program.
• Complete the pre-assessment. This tool will assess existing skills and identify developmental opportunities.
• Review the four sections: Self-Management, Managing Teams, Employment and Workplace and Communication (FastTrack: 20 minute modules)
• Score 70% or higher each quiz (four total)
• Login to the USC Management Essentials Community in Trojan Learn Connect to reflect on monthly learnings and join interactive discussions among USC managers.
• Complete the post-assessment. This tool will measure the success of the program and managerial skills acquired throughout the six-month program.
• Complete the acknowledgement form to receive your certificate of completion.
If you have any questions regarding the completion of this module, please contact email@example.com.
For Employment Law related questions, contact the Office of Equity and Diversity at
(213) 740-5086 or firstname.lastname@example.org.